Who we are
As a leading Canadian architectural practice, Zeidler designs meaningful spaces that contribute to the community and deliver lasting value. With offices in Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver and Victoria, we offer full architectural and interior design services.
Propelled by curiosity and driven by human connection, our creative process is based on cultivating the potential of our team. We nurture our expertise through mentorship and continuous learning. We listen to, consider, and build on each other’s ideas to develop thoughtful solutions that address complex challenges.
Our award-winning work spans a broad range of sectors including academic, healthcare, residential, mixed-use, commercial, cultural and civic. As we continue to grow our national practice, we are seeking talented individuals who embrace creative, passionate, and forward-thinking approaches to join our dynamic team.
What we are seeking
As we continue to grow our national practice, we are seeking an experienced, reliable and driven Senior Project Accountant to join our team. This role requires you to work from our Downtown Calgary office. In this role you will work with the team to ensure the company’s financial data is accurate, reliable and up to date.
- Prepare and issue monthly billing packages; obtain billing instructions from Project Managers
- Ensure compliance with client contracts and fee agreements
- Ensure timesheet compliance and determine appropriate activities and billable status
- Review and approve Employee Expense Reports and Corporate Credit Card reconciliations
- Review and process sub-consultant invoicing and determine appropriate cost activities
- Issue new projects in the ERP system in accordance with internal policies and procedure
- Maintain existing projects in the ERP system by regularly working with Project Managers to review resourcing and scheduling
- Regularly review and follow up on aged project receivables
- Foster communication with the Client and Project Manager to address aging receivables
Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Provide support to the Team Lead and/or Partners/CFO in the preparation of monthly financial statements
- Review and determine Key-Performance-Indicators (KPI’s) and prepare monthly reports and provide an analysis and comments on outlook
- Preparation of ad hoc reports that reflect the financial position of projects; regularly review project health with Project Managers
- Analyze project reporting to address risks, trends, and provide professional judgement and recommendations
- Develop and maintain reports and dashboards within the ERP to support Project Managers on financial status of projects
- Provide mentorship and guidance to Project Accountants.
- Cross-train in all functions of the accounting cycle to act as a back-up for other team members.
- Perform additional assignments, as required by the Team Lead
What you will bring
- Bachelor’s Degree or some college courses in accounting or business preferred
- Sufficiently conversant with the use of computer; skilled in performing mathematical processes; and an outstanding knowledge of utilizing accounting software, as well as other basics
- 5-10+ years of experience in a Project Accounting role, with experience in an architectural/engineering or other professional services firm considered an asset
- Commendable skills in general bookkeeping procedures or principles
- Knowledge of Deltek Vision or Deltek Ajera Software or other fully integrated project accounting platform, a plus
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast paced and constantly evolving environment
- Ability to work independently and with a team, take initiative, set tasks and see projects through to completion
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong team skills
- Consistent and highly organized
Benefits + Perks
Zeidler believes in a work-life balance and valuing our people with benefits like:
- PATO Days – enjoy an extra day off on long weekends
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Annual profit share
- Wellness initiatives
- Training & education support
- Mentorship and continuous learning
- Social events
- Fun work environment and great firm culture… and so much more
What to do now
If you are a motivated, creative, and inspired individual who has the ambition to grow and enjoys working in a collaborative, exciting, and fast-paced environment surrounded by challenging opportunities, we would like to hear from you. Please apply here!
Zeidler is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants, and stand by our principles for a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace. Applications from all qualified candidates are welcome and we encourage applications from, but not limited to visible minorities, peoples with disabilities, racialized peoples, Indigenous peoples, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities.
Please let us know if you require any accommodations throughout the interview process. We will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate.