Who We Are
As a leading Canadian architectural practice, Zeidler designs meaningful spaces that contribute to community and deliver lasting value. With offices in Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver and Victoria, we offer full architectural and interior design services.
Propelled by curiosity and driven by human connection, our creative process is based on cultivating the potential of our team. We nurture our expertise through mentorship and continuous learning. We listen to, consider, and build on each other’s ideas to develop thoughtful solutions that address complex challenges.
Our award-winning work spans a broad range of sectors including academic, healthcare, residential, mixed-use, commercial, cultural and civic. As we continue to grow our national practice, we are seeking talented individuals who embrace creative, passionate, and forward-thinking approaches to join our dynamic team.
What We Are Seeking
The Senior Interior Design Technologist leads production through all aspects of a project including schematic design, design development, working drawings, construction administration and consultant team coordination. The successful applicant will bring passion, precision and professionalism to the role. This individual will have experience and a solid technical background including demonstrated ability to work in Revit, AutoCAD and 3D modeling software. Our current portfolio of work includes local and international work in industrial, innovative workplace, institutional, hospitality, government work, and more.
Role and Responsibilities
- Partner with the interior designers to ensure project success as measured by client satisfaction, work quality, profitability, as well as fostering team professionalism and collaboration
- Coordinate projects from design development through to set up documentation, specification, and modelling throughout the design process
- Review drawings for accuracy, constructability, consultant coordination and compliance with local Building Codes and City Bylaw requirements prior to submissions
- Prepare comprehensive drawing packages for various permit submissions and/or construction
- Focused ability to meet deadlines, follow through and deliver results
- Demonstrate effective communication by following up, asking for clarification and feedback, and taking ownership of assigned tasks with minimal supervision
- Coordinate with consultant teams and liaise with clients and approving authorities
- Prepare project code analysis
- Attend meetings with clients and/or consultants
- Coordinate project tendering and support product research including interior design materials, components, and systems
- Overall responsibility for attending site meetings and contract administration including shop drawing reviews
- Actively participate and/or lead ongoing discussions and development of best practices and systems for our team
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders and act as a subject matter expert as required
What You Will Bring
- Interior Design or Architectural Technologist Diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution
- 10-15 years of related experience in the production of interior design contract documents
- Proficiency in Revit and AutoCAD; InDesign, 3D rendering and SketchUp skills are considered assets
- In-depth working knowledge of Interior Design processes, planning, creative detailing, specifications, and building systems
- Strong technical and construction process understanding
- Experience in a variety of building typologies including commercial, workplace and institutional preferred
- Proficiency in local building codes and associated bylaws
- Experience in contract administration forms and procedures
- Experience in coordinating project teams
- LEED® AP, WELL AP or knowledge of LEED and WELL Standards is considered an asset
- Advanced communication is required, as is the ability to perform assigned tasks with minimal supervision and asking for clarity when needed
- Willingness to continue advancing your knowledge base
Benefits + Perks
Zeidler believes in a work-life balance and valuing our people with benefits like:
- PATO Days – enjoy an extra day off on long weekends
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Annual profit share
- Wellness initiatives
- Training & education support
- Mentorship and continuous learning
- Social events
- Fun work environment and great firm culture, and so much more
What to Do Now
If you are a motivated, creative, and inspired individual who has the ambition to grow and enjoys working in a collaborative, exciting, and fast-paced environment surrounded by challenging opportunities, we would like to hear from you. Please apply here!
Zeidler is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants, and stand by our principles for a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace. Applications from all qualified candidates are welcome and we encourage applications from, but not limited to visible minorities, peoples with disabilities, racialized peoples, Indigenous peoples, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities.
Please let us know if you require any accommodations throughout the interview process. We will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate.