Who We Are
As a leading Canadian architectural practice, Zeidler designs meaningful spaces that contribute to community and deliver lasting value. With offices in Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver and Victoria, we offer full architectural and interior design services.
Propelled by curiosity and driven by human connection, our creative process is based on cultivating the potential of our team. We nurture our expertise through mentorship and continuous learning. We listen to, consider, and build on each other’s ideas to develop thoughtful solutions that address complex challenges.
Our award-winning work spans a broad range of sectors including academic, healthcare, residential, mixed-use, commercial, cultural and civic. As we continue to grow our national practice, we are seeking talented individuals who embrace creative, passionate, and forward-thinking approaches to join our dynamic team.
What We Are Seeking
Zeidler is seeking to hire a Senior Healthcare Designer with a strong portfolio, proven experience, and a track record of successful projects. You have an exceptional ability to communicate design and technical ideas, develop models, and conceive of and present unique solutions. You are a great people manager, and use your skills to oversee project teams, providing mentorship and giving feedback to grow the capacity of those you work with.
To be successful in this role, you will communicate well with clients and other professionals, work effectively in a team setting, and readily adapt, as needed.
Role and Responsibilities
- Take a strong role in the creation of designs including conception and development including preparing high quality design details and specifications
- Supervise the preparation of preliminary plans and detailed drawings for highly complex interior projects
- Develop design concepts and translates them into design documents through the project phases
- Develop space/furnishing plans, design details, and finish selections to support conceptual design
- Collaborate on client presentations and present design concepts
- Provide instruction on specific design objectives, complex features, and solutions
- Provide direction in team meetings to ensure continuity of design intent
- Attend site meetings, perform shop drawing review, and contract administration, as required
- Work primarily with the firm’s interior design team, as well as with the architectural team, as required
- Mentor and coach teams and individuals to develop their skills/ capacities, and reach their potential
- Lead by effective communication, enabling channels of communication, providing effective feedback, and being approachable/supportive
- Support Principals in the preparation and conducting of employee performance reviews
- Oversee project staffing, and set objectives and expectations for the team
- Manage direct reports to allocate work and ensure it is completed in a timely and accurate manner
- Represent Zeidler’s brand to advance the company’s interest and profile in the industry
- Build the culture by embodying the values of the organization
- Contribute to the development of proposals and business development for the studio
- Contribute to maintaining and improving strong policies, procedures, and systems for the studio
- Maintain strong presence in the professional association
What You Will Bring
- 10+ years of experience as an Interior Designer, ideally with experience in complex healthcare projects
- Interior Design, or related discipline, Degree or Diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Licensed Interior Designer
- Proficiency in Revit and AutoCAD
- InDesign, 3D rendering, and SketchUp skills considered an asset
- Proficiency in Alberta and British Columbia Building Code and associated bylaws
- LEED® AP, WELL AP or knowledge of LEED and WELL Standards considered an asset
- Strong conceptual and design skills
- Strong working knowledge of Interior Design process, programming, planning, materials, creative detailing, specifications, and building systems
- Experience in managing project teams
Benefits + Perks
Zeidler believes in a work-life balance and valuing our people with benefits like:
- PATO Days: enjoy an extra day off on long weekends
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Annual profit share
- Wellness initiatives
- Training and education support
- Mentorship and continuous learning
- Social events
- Fun work environment and great firm culture; and so much more
What to Do Now
If you are a motivated, creative, and inspired individual who has the ambition to grow and enjoys working in a collaborative, exciting, and fast-paced environment surrounded by challenging opportunities, we would like to hear from you. Please apply here!
Zeidler is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants, and stand by our principles for a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace. Applications from all qualified candidates are welcome and we encourage applications from, but not limited to visible minorities, peoples with disabilities, racialized peoples, Indigenous peoples, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities.
Please let us know if you require any accommodations throughout the interview process. We will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate.