Zeidler Architecture has been creating spaces that shape experiences for over 65 years. We are a leading Canadian architectural practice bringing together the experience of some 150 professionals in six locations worldwide. Our rich award-winning portfolio spans industry sectors, allowing us to offer a unique perspective that brings innovation and adaptability to each project we deliver. As a team, we create spaces that contribute to community and encourage personal connection by welcoming all people. The process of developing responsive solutions motivates us as we translate ideas into reality. Attuned to innovations in sustainability, accessibility, design theory and materiality, we base our design decisions on evidence.
As a young, creative, dynamic national firm with offices in Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver and Victoria, Zeidler is seeking a talented Senior Project Architect in our Calgary office. This is a unique opportunity to join an exciting national firm focusing on great design. If you are an ambitious, passionate and motivated individual who has the foresight and ambition to grow, enjoys working with a knowledgeable, collaborative, fast-paced group of individuals and is excited by challenging opportunities, we would like to meet you!
The Senior Project Architect is a management level position that will be responsible for organizing the project team in the coordination of all phases of the project from pre-design to site administration. The individual will take a leadership role in the consultant coordination, client relations and project communication. Our current portfolio of work includes local and international work in healthcare, academic, commercial/retail, innovative office design and urban residential with a focus on sustainable design.
Role and Responsibilities
- Lead the project team to coordinate the timely completion of creative and/or technical and/or administrative tasks throughout the building design process from pre-design phase, programming, conceptual design, design development, contract documentation, tender phase and site administration to project completion
- Responsible for establishing, maintaining and adhering to project budget and schedule
- Take an active role in the creation of design concepts or client relations through the design process and consultant coordination through project development or contract documents and/or site administration under the supervision of the Partner in Charge
- Take a lead role in the development of contract drawing and specification procedures and direct the completion of design/contract documents to relevant office, development bylaw and building code standards
- Develop the practice of basic office administration procedures including the creation of relevant project documentation: minutes of meetings, transmittal of project material, applications to authorities etc. and filing systems by all project staff to organize of all related project information and correspondence
- Determine project and office management related activities including project scheduling and budget assessment, fee proposals, marketing RFP’s, the creation of work plans and the direction of project team members
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree in Architecture from a recognized post-secondary institution or equivalent preferred
- 10+ years in related architectural work and registered with AAA for a minimum of 10 years
- Assure project compliance with architectural office procedures and related architectural drawing standards
- Lead the building design process from conceptual design to contract documents and site administration
- Full knowledge of local construction systems and related detailing including the integration of sustainable building design criteria
- LEED® AP preferred
- Extensive experience with local city development and building permit process required
- Strong conceptual and design skills – creative drawing ability, 3D modeling and freehand sketch skills required
- Technical drawing ability – Revit and CAD required
- Ability to work in an open, collaborative workplace environment
Zeidler Perks and Benefits
Zeidler believes in a work life balance and valuing our people with benefits like:
- PATO Days – enjoy an extra day off on long weekends
- flexible hours
- social events
- competitive compensation and benefits
- mentorship program
- fun work environment and great firm culture… and so much more
If this sounds like a Studio you want to work with then we want to meet you!
Please submit your application package to firstname.lastname@example.org