Zeidler Architecture has been creating spaces that shape experiences for over 65 years. We are a leading Canadian architectural practice bringing together the experience of some 150 professionals in six locations worldwide. Our rich award-winning portfolio spans industry sectors, allowing us to offer a unique perspective that brings innovation and adaptability to each project we deliver. As a team, we create spaces that contribute to community and encourage personal connection by welcoming all people. The process of developing responsive solutions motivates us as we translate ideas into reality. Attuned to innovations in sustainability, accessibility, design theory and materiality, we base our design decisions on evidence.
As a creative and dynamic national firm with offices in Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver and Victoria, Zeidler is seeking a talented Proposal Coordinator in our Calgary office. This is a unique opportunity to join an exciting national firm focusing on great design. If you are an ambitious and motivated individual who has the foresight and ambition to grow, enjoys working with a knowledgeable, collaborative, fast-paced group of individuals and is excited by challenging opportunities, we would like to meet you!
The Senior Proposal Coordinator in Calgary oversees the evaluation, tracking, development and production of proposals submitted in Western Canada – with a focus on researching potential clients and projects, supporting the senior leadership team in targeting work, and making recommendations on potential bids. The Senior Proposal Coordinator collaborates with partners, architects and technicians in the development of exceptional RFPs. Using strong attention to detail and organizational skills, the Senior Proposal Coordinator distills complex submission requirements into a clear set of tasks and responsibilities and provides superb writing and editing skills while ensuring deadlines are met.
Role and Responsibilities
- Develops timely, high-quality and competitive proposals in response to RFPs
- Researches and evaluates bid opportunities, making go/no-go recommendations
- Tracks and reports proposal statistics and metrics
- Collaborates with other studio to ensure consistency in national proposal messaging
- Works within a national marketing team in developing standards and improving RFP submissions
- Develops procedures and templates for bid evaluation, tracking, development, and debriefs
- Writes cover letters, executive summaries, and reviews all proposal content for tone consistency
- Coordinates consultant submissions, customizes project profiles and team information
- Compiles and lays out proposal documents using InDesign
- Edits and proofreads proposal documents, ensuring compliance with requests
- Coordinates proposal printing and/or delivery
- Produces other deadline-sensitive deliverables such as qualifications packages, presentations and award submissions
- Maintains proposal collateral database; ensuring valid, current and accurate content including proposal narratives, staff resumes, and project profiles
Qualifications and Skills
- Relevant University Degree or College Diploma
- Five or more years of experience writing proposals required
- Exceptionally strong communication skills
- Experience in architectural/engineering/construction industry
- Exceptionally strong writing and editing skills
- Exceptionally strong organizational skills
- Strong graphic design skills
- Experience and success working in a collaborative environment
- Demonstrated experience in delivering time sensitive submissions
- Demonstrated experience with Adobe Creative Suite and MS Office
- Examples of writing and editing skills
- Examples of graphic abilities
Zeidler Benefits and Perks
Zeidler believes in a work life balance and valuing our people with benefits like:
- PATO Days – enjoy an extra day off on long weekends
- flexible hours
- social events
- competitive compensation and benefits
- mentorship program
- fun work environment and great firm culture… and so much more
If this sounds like a Studio you want to work with then we want to meet you!
When applying, please provide a cover letter, resume and examples of your work (writing, graphic layouts, etc.).
Please submit your application package to email@example.com