Who we are
As a leading Canadian design practice, Zeidler Architecture creates meaningful spaces that contribute to community and provide lasting value. With offices in Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver, and Victoria, we offer full architectural and interior design services.
Propelled by curiosity and driven by human connection, our creative process is based on cultivating the potential of our team. We nurture our expertise through mentorship and continuous learning. We listen to, consider, and build on each other’s ideas to develop thoughtful solutions that address complex challenges.
Our award-winning work spans a broad range of sectors including academic, healthcare, residential, mixed-use, commercial, cultural, and civic. As we continue to grow our national practice, we are looking for talented individuals who embrace creative, passionate, and forward-thinking approaches to become part of our dynamic team.
What We Are Seeking
As a Marketing Specialist at Zeidler, you will be an integral member of our national Marketing and Business Development team and contribute to many facets of the firm’s communications. As our ideal candidate, you are enthusiastic, self-motivated, and take exceptional pride in doing your best work. You will bring excellent writing, graphic design, and time management skills, and approach every encounter with a growth mindset. You have a strong interest in collaborating with our multi-disciplinary team to develop compelling content for speaking engagements, presentations, social media, website, and other promotional media. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and are versatile and adaptable.
This is contract role for 18 months.
Role and Responsibilities
- Lead the implementation of our annual communications plan while maintaining adequate flexibility to respond to shifting priorities and new opportunities.
- Develop compelling content that promotes Zeidler’s brand, values, and work.
- Research and support the firm’s participation in industry events, speaking engagements, panel discussions, and other opportunities that align with the company’s brand strategy.
- Publish content and maintain audience engagement across media channels.
- Lead the development and implementation of project profiles, social media campaigns, client presentations, award submissions, and other marketing endeavours.
- Provide marketing and business development support to the firm’s partners and wider team, as needed.
What You Will Bring
- Minimum two years’ experience in a similar marketing and/or communications role.
- Degree/Diploma in a relevant post-secondary program (marketing, communications, business administration, visual communications, etc.) is preferred.
- Relevant experience within architectural, engineering, construction, or design related industry is strongly preferred.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop and/or Lightroom, Microsoft Office Suite, and online collaboration tools.
- Experience with social media, content development, website management, and SEO an asset.
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with our national team.
- Highly organized, with superior attention to detail, and exceptional time and project management skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual communication skills.
- Capacity to learn quickly and adapt in a fast-paced environment.
- Passionate about architecture, design, and city-building.
- Desire to grow within a lively studio culture and act as a brand ambassador.
- Ability to work in an open, collaborative workplace environment.
Benefits + Perks
Zeidler believes in a work-life balance and valuing our people with benefits like:
- PATO Days – enjoy an extra day off on long weekends
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Annual profit share
- Flexible hours and a hybrid work from home model
- Wellness initiatives
- Training and education support
- Mentorship and continuous learning
- Social events
- Fun work environment and great firm culture… and so much more
What To Do Now
If you are a motivated, creative, and inspired individual who has the ambition to grow and enjoys working in a collaborative, exciting, and fast-paced environment surrounded by challenging opportunities, we would like to hear from you. Please apply here!
Zeidler is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants, and stand by our principles for a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace. Applications from all qualified candidates are welcome and we encourage applications from, but not limited to visible minorities, peoples with disabilities, racialized peoples, Indigenous peoples, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities.
Please let us know if you require any accommodations throughout the interview process. We will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate