Who we are
As a leading Canadian architectural practice, Zeidler designs meaningful spaces that contribute to the community and deliver lasting value. With offices in Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver and Victoria, we offer full architectural and interior design services.
Propelled by curiosity and driven by human connection, our creative process is based on cultivating the potential of our team. We nurture our expertise through mentorship and continuous learning. We listen to, consider, and build on each other’s ideas to develop thoughtful solutions that address complex challenges.
Our award-winning work spans a broad range of sectors including academic, healthcare, residential, mixed-use, commercial, cultural and civic. As we continue to grow our national practice, we are seeking talented individuals who embrace creative, passionate, and forward-thinking approaches to join our dynamic team.
What we are seeking
Zeidler Architecture is currently looking for an Intermediate Contract Administrator within our Calgary offices. To be considered for this role, you will either be an Architect with a passion for CA, or an Architectural Technologist with an extensive background in construction administration;’ we would also consider an experienced Project Coordinator / Project Manager. As the Contract Administrator, you will be directly responsible for the comprehensive and timely administration of all project-related documentation and information during the construction phase. You will represent the Architect in all construction project meetings and other field matters, relating to the construction of the project.
- Work collaboratively with the Calgary, Toronto, Vancouver and Victoria teams.
- Lead construction administration in the Calgary/Vancouver office and be involved in all current local construction contracts and administrative procedures.
- Exhibit a complete understanding and practice of relevant office administration procedures including the creation of relevant project documentation: minutes of meetings, transmittal of project material, applications to authorities, etc. and filing systems as is required to assist in the organisation of all related project information and correspondence.
- Conduct and document, construction field observations for site visits at monthly intervals during construction or as required for specific project requirements.
- Ensure work is proceeding in accordance with Contract Documents.
- Produce and distribute supplemental drawings, specifications and interpretations in response to requests for clarification by contractors/owners.
- Provide final review for shop drawings and prepare change orders, RFls, site meeting minutes, application for payment and project closeout services as required.
- Complete building evaluations and associated reports.
- Support senior staff with internal and external communications during the construction process.
- Work with design team to achieve objectives, resolve issues and ensure final project success as measured by client satisfaction, profitability, quality and timeliness.
- Assist in the preparation and application of building permits.
- Coordinate consultant teams through construction phase.
- Liaison with clients and Approving Authorities.
- Attend meetings with clients, contractors and/or consultants as required.
- Review drawings for consultant coordination and compliance with local Building Codes and City Bylaw requirements prior to submission.
- Coordinate project Tendering as required.
- Maintain productivity and manage workload when travelling.
What you will bring
- Degree in Architecture or Architectural Technologist Diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution, or similar direct construction experience.
- Minimum of 5-10 years related experience in the production of contract documents, contract administration or direct construction experience.
- Curious, energetic and driven to perform effectively in a demanding high growth, fast paced environment.
- Local and Canadian experience in different building typologies such as office, commercial, multi-family, institutional, retail, healthcare and hospitality building types.
- Strong understanding of both non-combustible and combustible building systems.
- Strong negotiation skills, leadership ability working with construction site personnel and ability to manage multiple projects.
- High proficiency and experience with Building code, specification, building science and construction contract proficiency as well as proficient knowledge of contract administration forms and procedures.
- Ability to travel to local and remote sites which could include BC, ON, NS, MB and other locations
- Proficiency in Revit and AutoCAD an asset.
- LEED® AP or knowledge of LEED Guidelines preferred.
- Candidate should hold a class 5 driver’s license without restrictions.
Benefits + Perks
Zeidler believes in a work-life balance and valuing our people with benefits like:
- PATO Days – enjoy an extra day off on long weekends
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Annual profit share
- Wellness initiatives
- Training and education support
- Mentorship and continuous learning
- Social events
- Fun work environment and great firm culture… and so much more
What to do now
If you are a motivated, creative, and inspired individual who has the ambition to grow and enjoys working in a collaborative, exciting, and fast-paced environment surrounded by challenging opportunities, we would like to hear from you. Please apply here!
Zeidler is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants, and stand by our principles for a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace. Applications from all qualified candidates are welcome and we encourage applications from, but not limited to visible minorities, peoples with disabilities, racialized peoples, Indigenous peoples, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities.
Please let us know if you require any accommodations throughout the interview process. We will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate.