Who we are
As a leading Canadian architectural practice, Zeidler designs meaningful spaces that contribute to the community and deliver lasting value. With offices in Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver and Victoria, we offer full architectural and interior design services.
Propelled by curiosity and driven by human connection, our creative process is based on cultivating the potential of our team. We nurture our expertise through mentorship and continuous learning. We listen to, consider, and build on each other’s ideas to develop thoughtful solutions that address complex challenges.
Our award-winning work spans a broad range of sectors including academic, healthcare, residential, mixed-use, commercial, cultural and civic. As we continue to grow our national practice, we are seeking talented individuals who embrace creative, passionate, and forward-thinking approaches to join our dynamic team.
What we are seeking
Zeidler Architecture is currently looking for a Senior Contract Administrator within the Calgary office. To be considered for this role, you will either be an Architect with a passion for CA, or an Architectural Technologist with an extensive background in construction administration. As the Contract Administrator, you will be directly responsible for comprehensive and timely administration of all project related documentation and information during the construction phase. You will represent the Architect in all construction project meetings and other field matters relating to the construction of the project.
- Work collaboratively with our national studio teams.
- Lead construction administration in the Vancouver/Toronto office and be involved in all current local construction contracts and administrative procedures.
- Exhibit a complete understanding and practice of relevant office administration procedures including the creation of project documentation: minutes of meetings, transmittal of project material, applications to authorities, etc. and filing systems as is required to assist in the organization of all related project information and correspondence.
- Conduct construction field observations for site visits during construction.
- Ensure work is proceeding in accordance with Contract Documents.
- Produce and distribute supplemental drawings, specifications and interpretations in response to requests for clarification by contractors/owners.
- Provide final review for shop drawings and prepare change orders, RFls, site meeting minutes, application for payment and project closeout services, as required.
- Complete building evaluations and associated reports.
- Support the team with internal and external communications during construction process.
- Work with the design team to achieve objectives, resolve issues and ensure final project success as measured by client satisfaction, profitability, quality and timeliness.
- Assist in the preparation of drawing packages for various permit submissions and/or construction.
- Coordinate consultant teams through construction phase.
- Liaise with clients and Approving Authorities.
- Attend meetings with clients and/or consultants, as required.
- Review drawings for consultant coordination and compliance with local Building Codes and City Bylaw requirements prior to submission.
- Coordinate project Tendering as required.
What you will bring
- Degree in Architecture or Architectural Technologist Diploma from a recognized post secondary institution, or direct construction experience.
- Minimum 10–15 years related experience in the production of contract documents, contract administration or direct construction experience.
- Curious, energetic and driven to perform effectively in a demanding high-growth, fast-paced environment.
- Local and Canadian experience in office, commercial, multi-family, institutional, retail, healthcare and hospitality building types.
- Strong understanding of both non-combustible and combustible building systems.
- Strong negotiation skills, leadership ability working with construction site personnel and ability to manage multiple projects.
- High proficiency and experience with relevant Building Code, Specification, and Building Science.
- Construction Contract proficiency, as well as knowledge of Contract Administration forms and procedures.
- Proficiency in Revit and AutoCAD an asset.
- LEED® AP or CPHD preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excels in a collaborative team environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
Benefits + Perks
Zeidler believes in a work-life balance and valuing our people with benefits like:
- PATO Days – enjoy an extra day off on long weekends
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Annual profit share
- Wellness initiatives
- Training and education support
- Mentorship and continuous learning
- Social events
- Fun work environment and great firm culture… and so much more
What to do now
If you are a motivated, creative, and inspired individual who has the ambition to grow and enjoys working in a collaborative, exciting, and fast-paced environment surrounded by challenging opportunities, we would like to hear from you. Please apply here!
Zeidler is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants, and stand by our principles for a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace. Applications from all qualified candidates are welcome and we encourage applications from, but not limited to visible minorities, peoples with disabilities, racialized peoples, Indigenous peoples, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities.
Please let us know if you require any accommodations throughout the interview process. We will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate.