Who We Are
As a leading Canadian architectural practice, Zeidler designs meaningful spaces that contribute to the community and deliver lasting value. With offices in Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver and Victoria, we offer full architectural and interior design services.
Propelled by curiosity and driven by human connection, our creative process is based on cultivating the potential of our team. We nurture our expertise through mentorship and continuous learning. We listen to, consider, and build on each other’s ideas to develop thoughtful solutions that address complex challenges.
Our award-winning work spans a broad range of sectors including academic, healthcare, residential, mixed-use, commercial, cultural and civic. As we continue to grow our national practice, we are seeking talented individuals who embrace creative, passionate, and forward-thinking approaches to join our dynamic team.
What We Are Seeking
The Architectural Technologist (Co-op) provides support to team members in the production of all aspects of a project including schematic design, design development, working drawings, construction administration and team coordination. The successful applicant will bring passion, curiosity and creativity to the role. The successful candidate will be keen on gaining design experience and a solid technical background including demonstrated ability to work in Revit, AutoCAD and 3D modeling software. Our current portfolio of work includes local and international work in healthcare, innovative office design and urban residential with a focus on sustainable design.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Review and communicate current project status to the Partner in Charge/Project Manager at regular intervals
- Work with the design team to develop detailed design concepts and translate them into design development documents
- Actively participate in the preparation of drawing packages for various permit submission and/or construction documentation
- Coordinate with consultant teams
- Prepare project code analysis
- Attend meetings with consultants as required
- Review drawings for Building Science accuracy, consultant coordination and compliance with local Building Codes and City Bylaw requirements prior to submissions
- Prepare product research including building components and systems
- Attend site meetings, complete shop drawing review, and provide contract administration support, as required
What You Will Bring
- Architectural Technologist Diploma or related discipline from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Working knowledge of Revit and AutoCAD is essential
- Working knowledge of Revisto, Bluebeam, Sketchup, Navisworks would be considered an asset, but not required
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Intellectually curious and a willingness to learn and take accountability for your role
Benefits + Perks
Zeidler believes in a work-life balance and valuing our people with benefits like:
- PATO Days – enjoy an extra day off on long weekends
- Competitive compensation
- Wellness initiatives
- Training & education support
- Mentorship and continuous learning
- Social events
- Fun work environment and great firm culture… and so much more
What to do now
If you are a motivated, creative, and inspired individual who has the ambition to grow and enjoys working in a collaborative, exciting, and fast-paced environment surrounded by challenging opportunities, we would like to hear from you. Please apply here!
Zeidler is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants, and stand by our principles for a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace. Applications from all qualified candidates are welcome and we encourage applications from, but not limited to visible minorities, peoples with disabilities, racialized peoples, Indigenous peoples, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities.
Please let us know if you require any accommodations throughout the interview process. We will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate.