Zeidler Architecture has been creating spaces that shape experiences for over 65 years. We are a leading Canadian architectural practice bringing together the experience of some 150 professionals in six locations worldwide. Our rich award-winning portfolio spans industry sectors, allowing us to offer a unique perspective that brings innovation and adaptability to each project we deliver. As a team, we create spaces that contribute to community and encourage personal connection by welcoming all people. The process of developing responsive solutions motivates us as we translate ideas into reality. Attuned to innovations in sustainability, accessibility, design theory and materiality, we base our design decisions on evidence.
Zeidler Vancouver Studio
Zeidler Architecture has new and exciting opportunities for our growing Vancouver Studio. Located in the heart of the Armoury District, the studio is part of a unique community of creative designers, architects, art galleries, and boutique retailers. In Vancouver we aim to strengthen and expand our diverse portfolio of inspiring buildings while embracing locally grown ideas, processes, technologies, and opportunities. Our history of local design dates as far back as Expo ‘86, with the 1.78 million square foot development of Canada Place. We are looking to expand on this creative legacy through an exciting new portfolio of local projects, including a compelling, high-profile downtown development currently underway. With our people first approach, we are looking for passionate and enthusiastic individuals interested in being part of a creative and collaborative studio culture. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace and establishing a team of individuals that will build on each other’s ideas to create thoughtful solutions. Our Vancouver studio will be at the forefront of sustainable design and we believe that in order to create a positive impact on communities and the built environment, we must address environmental challenges and understand that the environment is an expression of cultural, economic, and natural forces. Zeidler is united by a shared passion for meaningful design and a continual push to be better, advance our learning, and ensure that each design meets its innovative potential.
With the Senior Contract Administrator role, we are looking for a Senior Architect or Architectural Technologist with an extensive background in construction administration who will be directly responsible for comprehensive and timely administration of all project related documentation and information during the construction phase. The individual will represent the Architect in all construction project meetings and other field matters, relating to the construction of the project.
Due to recent growth, the Senior Contract Administrator would be immediately working on a high-profile high-rise project already underway from 2020 through 2024.
- Work collaboratively with the Calgary, Toronto and Victoria teams
- Lead construction administration in the Vancouver office and be involved in all current local construction contracts and administrative procedures
- Exhibit a complete understanding and practice of relevant office administration procedures including the creation of relevant project documentation: minutes of meetings, transmittal of project material, applications to authorities etc. and filing systems as is required to assist in the organization of all related project information and correspondence
- Conduct construction field observations for site visits at monthly intervals during construction
- Ensure work is proceeding in accordance with Contract Documents
- Produce and distribute supplemental drawings, specifications and interpretations in response to requests for clarification by contractors/ owners
- Provide final review for shop drawings and prepare change orders, RFls, site meeting minutes, application for payment and project closeout services as required
- Complete building evaluations and associated reports
- Support Senior staff with internal and external communications during construction process
- Work with design team to achieve objectives, resolve issues and ensure final project success as measured by client satisfaction, profitability, quality and timeliness
- Assistance in preparation of drawing packages for various permit submissions and/or construction preferred
- Coordinate Consultant Teams through construction phase
- Liaison with Clients and Approving Authorities
- Attend meetings with clients and / or consultants as required
- Review drawings for consultant coordination and compliance with local Building Codes and City By-law requirements prior to submission
- Coordinate Project Tendering as required
- Professional degree in Architecture, Architectural Technologist Diploma from a recognized post secondary institution, or direct construction experience
- 10+ years related experience in the production of contract documents, contract administration or direct construction experience
- Local and Canadian experience in Office, Commercial, Multi-family, Institutional, Retail, Healthcare and Hospitality building types
- Strong understanding of both non-combustible and combustible building systems
- Strong negotiation skills, leadership ability working with construction site personnel and ability to manage multiple projects
- High proficiency and experience with BC Building Code, Specification, Building Science and Construction Contract proficiency as well as proficient knowledge of Contract Administration forms and procedures
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Revit an asset
- LEED® AP or knowledge of LEED Guidelines preferred
Zeidler believes in a work life balance and valuing our people with benefits like:
- PATO Days – enjoy 4-day long weekends
- flexible hours
- social events
- competitive compensation and benefits
- mentorship program
- fun work environment and great firm culture….and so much more
If this sounds like a Studio you want to work with then we want to meet you!