Zeidler Architecture has been creating spaces that shape experiences for over 65 years. We are a leading Canadian architectural practice bringing together the experience of some 150 professionals in six locations worldwide. Our rich award-winning portfolio spans industry sectors, allowing us to offer a unique perspective that brings innovation and adaptability to each project we deliver. As a team, we create spaces that contribute to community and encourage personal connection by welcoming all people. The process of developing responsive solutions motivates us as we translate ideas into reality. Attuned to innovations in sustainability, accessibility, design theory and materiality, we base our design decisions on evidence.
As a creative and dynamic national firm with offices in Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver and Victoria, Zeidler is seeking a talented Proposal Coordinator in our Toronto office. This is a unique opportunity to join an exciting national firm focusing on great design. If you are an ambitious and motivated individual who has the foresight and ambition to grow, enjoys working with a knowledgeable, collaborative, fast-paced group of individuals and is excited by challenging opportunities, we would like to meet you!
As Proposal Coordinator, you will be a creative and innovative member of the firm’s marketing team. Reporting to the Marketing Manager, you will collaborate with technical, management and production staff to plan, develop and produce clear and compelling proposal submissions. You will use your strong attention to detail and organizational skills to distill complex submission requirements into a clear set of tasks and responsibilities. By contributing to and organizing collateral databases, you will consistently improve the efficiency of the wider proposal team.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Supports the firm in developing timely, high-quality and competitive proposals in response to RFPs
- Clearly communicates responsibilities and deadlines to the wider proposal team
- Designs visual aids in Adobe InDesign and/or Illustrator
- Coordinates consultant submissions, customizes project profiles and team information
- Compiles and lays out proposal documents using InDesign
- Proofreads and edits proposal documents, ensuring compliance with requests
- Coordinates proposal printing and/or delivery
- Produces other deadline-sensitive deliverables such as qualifications packages, brochures, presentations and award submissions
- Updates marketing collateral databases; ensuring valid, current and accurate content including proposal narratives, staff resumes, and project profiles
- Relevant University degree or College Diploma
- 1–2 years of experience writing proposals preferred
- Experience in the architecture, engineering and construction (AEC) industry is an asset
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines while meeting quality standards and on-time delivery
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including superior editing and proofreading abilities
- Well-organized with excellent attention to detail
- Strong understanding of graphic design principles including visual composition and typography
- Excels in a collaborative team environment
- Proficient with InDesign and document layout. Experience with Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite is required.
Zeidler believes in a work life balance and valuing our people with benefits like:
- PATO Days – enjoy 4-day long weekends
- flexible hours
- social events
- competitive compensation and benefits
- mentorship program
- fun work environment and great firm culture….and so much more
If this sounds like a Studio you want to work with then we want to meet you!
When applying, please provide a cover letter, resume and examples of your work (writing, graphic layouts, etc.).